As you’d expect from a leading South African business, we offer highly competitive rewards for success, invest heavily in training and development, and offer truly international career opportunities.
We also want our employees to feel rewarded by the challenge of their roles, career opportunities and positive team relationships. Our practices in the area of benefits aim to support our goal of attracting and retaining the best people for the organisation.
We regularly compare ourselves to a select group of other businesses targeting the same pool of world-class talent. This enables us to maintain an attractively positioned salary and benefits package.
Our reward strategy
We want to reward the contributions of our employees in a way that is meaningful to them, so we continue to examine the practices of other companies and ask our employees what motivates them.
This research supports us in developing leading-edge practices and we have developed a reward strategy as a guide for our companies. It includes:
- Rewarding contribution and achievement rather than tenure;
- Freedom for managers to influence the pay increases of their staff;
- Performance judged against a number of key areas and objectives;
- Where possible, greater choice in the elements of an individual’s benefits package;
- The ability to, within limits, structure your total package to better meet your personal preferences;
- Communication on the overall value of the total reward package;
- Regular feedback mechanisms for assessing views on reward;
- Simple and straightforward reward systems.